Here are a couple things you can do while you’re waiting.
Now that you’ve applied, take a big breath
- Create your IU computing account
Approximately two weeks after we receive your application, you should receive an email containing your University ID number.
You’ll use the ID number to create your IU computing account, which you need to check the status of your application.
If you have not yet received an email regarding your University ID number, contact the Office of Admissions.
Remember: you may have already created a guest account when you applied online. This is not the same as your IU computing account. The guest account was created for the sole purpose of submitting your application online.
Setting up your account
- Go to the Account Management Service (AMS).
- Enter your last name, date of birth, and University ID number in the fields provided. Then click Continue.
- Read the Guidelines for Appropriate Usage, which are rules and policies for IT account use at IU. After you have read the guidelines, enter Yes to agree to these policies. Then click Continue.
- Enter the passphrase you want to use in both fields. For information on selecting a valid and secure passphrase, see passwords and passphrases.
- Enroll in the Passphrase Self-Service Reset System. If you forget your passphrase, this tool will enable you to reset it yourself without having to visit a UITS Support Center walk-in location in person.
- Once you have entered at least three questions and answers, select Done to complete your enrollment in the Passphrase Self-Service Reset System.
- You will want to save this information. You will need your account information each time you log in to your IU computing account. You can save as a PDF, or choose to select Page Print if you want to print a copy of your account information.
- Select Exit. It may take up to two hours before you can log in to some services.
If you have ever previously been enrolled in or participated in a program at any IU campus and were given a 10-digit University ID number or IU username, you will use the same ID number or username and follow these steps to set up your IU computing account.
- Check your application status and To Do List
Now that you’ve created your IU computing account, you’ll be able to check the status of your application and To Do List in One.IU.
You’ll find the To Do List helpful. This list will tell you when our office has received each of your application materials. Please be aware that after your items are received, it may be up to four weeks before you can see this online. Please be patient and check back frequently.
If you receive an email from us asking you to complete your application but you just sent the missing materials, assume that the email was sent before we received your materials or that they have not been processed yet.
To check the status of your application
- Log in to One.IU.
- Type "application status" into the search box at the top and click on the "Application Status" app box.
- Log in using your IU username and passphrase (not your guest account information) to see the status of your application to Indiana University.
To find your To Do List
- Log in to One.IU.
- Type "to do list" into the search box at the top and click on the To Do List (All IU Campuses) app box.
- Log in using your IU username and passphrase (not your guest account information) to see your To Do list.
- Make changes to your submitted application
You can make changes to your application after you have applied by submitting one of the following forms:
For changes to your Social Security number, please write to:
IU Office of Admissions
300 N. Jordan Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47405-1106
Please include your name, date of birth, and University ID number.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
- How to cancel your application
If you’d like to cancel your application after you’ve already applied, you can do that on the Intent to Enroll page.