Here are a couple things you can do while you’re waiting.
Now that you’ve applied, take a big breath
- Create your IU computing account
Approximately two weeks after we receive your application, you should receive an email containing your University ID number.
You’ll use the ID number to create your IU computing account, which you need to check the status of your application.
If you do not receive an email regarding your University ID number, contact the Office of Admissions.
Important note to students who applied using the IU eApplication: you created a guest account when you applied online using the IU eApplication. The guest account was created solely for the purpose of submitting your application online. To check your status, you will need to create an IU computing account, using the directions below.
Setting up your IU computing account
- Search for and select “Create My First IU Account” in One.IU.
- Read the Guidelines for Appropriate Usage, which are rules and policies for IT account use at IU, and agree to these policies.
- Enroll in the Passphrase Self-Service Reset System. If you forget your passphrase, this tool will enable you to reset it yourself without having to visit a UITS Support Center walk-in location in person.
- You will want to save or record your account information in a secure place. You will need this information each time you log in to your IU computing account.
- Exit. It may take up to two hours before you can log in to some services.
If you have ever previously been enrolled in or participated in a program at any IU campus and were given a 10-digit University ID number or IU username, you will use the same ID number or username and follow these steps to set up your IU computing account.
- Check your application status and To Do List
Now that you’ve created your IU computing account, you’ll be able to check the status of your application and To Do List in One.IU.
You’ll find the To Do List helpful. This list will tell you when our office has received each of your application materials. Please be aware that after your items are received, it may be up to four weeks before you can see this online. Please be patient and check back frequently.
If you receive an email from us asking you to complete your application but you just sent the missing materials, assume that the email was sent before we received your materials or that they have not been processed yet.
To check the status of your application
- Go to Application Status in One.IU and click "Start."
- Log in using your IU username and passphrase to see the status of your application to Indiana University.
To find your To Do List
- Go to To Do List in One.IU and click "Start."
- Log in using your IU username and passphrase to see your To Do list.
If you have any outstanding items listed, your application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed. Please send all outstanding To Do List items to our office or contact us if you have questions.
- Make changes to your submitted application
You can make changes to your application after you have applied by submitting one of the following forms:
For changes to your Social Security number, please write to:
IU Office of Admissions
300 N. Jordan Avenue
Bloomington, IN 47405-1106
Please include your name, date of birth, and University ID number.
- How to cancel your application
If you’d like to cancel your application after you’ve already applied, you can do that on the Intent to Enroll page.