Southern Indiana may not be where you expect to find a robust arts culture, one of the nation’s top music schools (the Jacobs School of Music), or a world-class cinema. The artistic spirit and cultural richness are among the joys of life here—whether you want to create things yourself or admire other people’s creativity.
films screened each semester at the IU Cinema, sometimes with the films’ creators present
performances each year, many starring IU Bloomington students
Step into the spotlight
We bring shows and concerts to the IU Auditorium and exhibits to the IU Eskenazi Museum of Art, but many on-campus arts are performed or created by students (and are free for students to attend). This is your time to shine—and get great material for your resume.
- Play in the Marching Hundred
- Take the stage to perform music, opera or ballet, or theatre
- Write, edit, take photos, or design for the Indiana Daily Student
- Exhibit your works at Grunwald Gallery of Art
- Perform stand-up, improv, or sketch comedy
- Join the IU Soul Revue, African American Dance Company, or African American Choral Ensemble
- Write for a literary magazine
- Broadcast yourself on WIUX student radio or IU Student Television