Adult Applicants

Adult learners may be awarded credit based on assessment of non-academic prior learning experiences. Policies regarding this credit are determined by individual academic units.

Center for Students in Transition (SIT)

SIT advisors help students investigate and identify solutions and degree options that make the most sense for their backgrounds and goals. The Center for Students in Transition often works with adult learners who have had gaps in their education, including those who began a degree, left college for a number of years, and now want to return and complete an undergraduate degree.

Learn more about SIT

Campus safety and security reports

Indiana University’s annual security reports, which contain policy statements as well as crime and fire statistics for Indiana University campuses, are available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at