You’re busy advising students on big decisions, so we’ve gathered your need-to-know information about IU Bloomington in one place.
You have an important job, and we can help
Test-optional admissions policy
IU Bloomington has adopted a test-optional admissions policy beginning with the 2021 terms. The test-optional admissions policy allows students to choose at the point of application whether to have SAT or ACT test scores considered as part of the application.
November 1 deadline
Remember that to receive highest scholarship consideration, your students must submit a complete application for admission by the early action (non-binding) deadline of November 1. Electronically submitted materials must be received by November 1, and hard copy materials must be postmarked on or before November 1. Students who wish to have their test scores considered as part of their application can self-report or send their official scores through January 15.
Please note that we will begin releasing admission decisions in early October, and all students who have submitted a complete application by November 1 will receive a response no later than January 15.Review all deadlines
Help your students
- Learn about the admission process for freshman applicants, including admission standards, AP credit, deadlines, and access to the applications.
- Make sure that each submitted transcript includes the student's full senior year schedule.
- See steps for admitted students.
- Learn about scholarships and financial aid.
- Schedule a virtual visit, or plan a virtual visit for a group of students.
- See our freshman class profile.
- Download the IU Admissions Viewbook.
- Download our financial aid brochure.