IU will award you with advanced placement, college credit, or course exemptions if you’ve earned high marks on any of the following academic preparation exams or tests:
- College Board Advanced Placement (AP) exams in a variety of subjects
- IU departmental placement tests in biology, calculus, chemistry, foreign languages, and music theory
- SAT Subject Tests
- British-style Advanced-level exams
- International Baccalaureate (IB) higher-level exams
- Indiana College Core (ICC)
- Credit Transfer Service
With advanced credit, you can get to electives sooner and add a major, minor, or certificate and still graduate in four years.
Your high school counselor can help you make arrangements to take most of these tests during your junior and senior years of high school.
To be considered for credit, have a copy of your score report sent to the IU Office of Admissions before your New Student Orientation.