We individually evaluate homeschooled students on the same basis as students from public and private schools, using the same academic standards. The most important factors we consider are:
- Curriculum (academic course work)
- Transcripts (grades and cumulative GPA)
- Standardized test scores (SAT or ACT), as described in Step 1 for Freshman Applicants
- Application essay
We realize that the transcripts of homeschooled students may be different from those of traditional high school students. Regardless of format, your transcript should include:
- All courses taken, including those in progress, and the academic year and semester in which each was taken
- Assessment of performance (letter grades, percentages, portfolio commentary, etc.) and an explanation of any applicable grading scales
In some cases, you may be asked to submit additional information describing your curriculum, such as detailed course descriptions and texts used. If you have completed coursework concurrently at a high school or college, please include official transcript(s) from the institution(s) with your application.
If you have questions regarding the review of homeschooled applicants or would like more information, please contact us!