That's it! You've applied to IU Bloomington
Here are a couple things you can do while you’re waiting.
Approximately two weeks after we receive your application, you should receive an email containing your university ID number.
You’ll use the ID number to create your IU computing account, which you need to check the status of your application.
If you do not receive an email regarding your university ID number, contact the Office of Admissions.
Important note to students who applied using the Apply IU Application: you created a guest account when you applied online using the Apply IU Application. The guest account was created solely for the purpose of submitting your application online. To check your status, you will need to create an IU computing account, using the directions below.
Setting up your IU computing account
- Search for and select “Create My First IU Account” in One.IU.
- Read the Guidelines for Appropriate Usage, which are rules and policies for IT account use at IU, and agree to these policies.
- Enroll in the Passphrase Self-Service Reset System. If you forget your passphrase, this tool will enable you to reset it yourself without having to visit a UITS Support Center walk-in location in person.
- You will want to save or record your account information in a secure place. You will need this information each time you log in to your IU computing account.
- Exit. It may take up to 24 hours before you can log in to some services.
What to do if you have forgotten your ID or other information
- Forgot your 10-digit university ID number? If you are an ACP student, use the Information Recovery Form. All other students should first try the Student Self-Service University Lookup Form. If you still need assistance, please email the Office of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org. (In order to help you, we will request additional information.)
- Forgot your username? Contact the UITS Support Center.
- Forgot your passphrase? Reset it here.
Please note that if you have ever previously been enrolled in or participated in a program at any IU campus and were given a 10-digit university ID number and username, you will use the same ID number and username to access your IU computing account (or use the steps above to set up your computing account if you have not already done so).
Now that you’ve created your IU computing account, you’ll be able to check the status of your application and To Do List in One.IU.
You’ll find the To Do List helpful. This list will tell you when our office has received each of your application materials. Please be aware that after your items are received, it may be up to four weeks before you can see this online. Please be patient and check back frequently.
If you receive an email from us asking you to complete your application but you just sent the missing materials, assume that the email was sent before we received your materials or that they have not been processed yet.
To check the status of your application
- Go to Application Status in One.IU and click “Start.”
- Log in using your IU username and passphrase to see the status of your application to Indiana University.
To find your To Do List
- Go to To Do List in One.IU and click “Start.”
- Log in using your IU username and passphrase to see your To Do list.
If you have any outstanding items listed, your application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed. Please send all outstanding To Do List items to our office or contact us if you have questions.
If you want to update your selection of whether or not to have test scores included in your admissions review, please complete the form below.
PLEASE NOTE: Only complete this form if you have already submitted your application and need to change your test-optional selection. If you don't want to change the selection you made on your application, do not complete this form. If you opt to have your test scores considered and have not yet submitted test scores, you will also need to self-report or send your official scores.
If you chose at the point of application to have your SAT or ACT test scores considered as part of your application, you can self-report your scores by completing the form below.
PLEASE NOTE: Self-reporting your scores will not change your selection regarding whether or not you want to have your test scores considered as a part of your admission review. If you would like to update your test-optional selection, please review the instructions under "Change your test-optional selection."
For all other changes to your application after you have applied, please select one of the following:
- For students who have applied or have been admitted but have not paid the enrollment deposit
- For students who have paid the enrollment deposit or indicated an intent to enroll
For changes to your Social Security number, please write to:Office of Admissions
Indiana University Bloomington
940 E. Seventh Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
Please include your name, date of birth, and university ID number.
If you’d like to cancel your application after you’ve already applied, you can do that on the Intent to Enroll page.Cancel your application
Hoosier Link is a guaranteed transfer admission program in cooperative partnership between Indiana University Bloomington and Ivy Tech Community College Bloomington.
The program allows a select group of Indiana residents who are high school graduates (and who have never attended a college institution full time) the opportunity to gain transfer admission to IU Bloomington upon reaching specific academic benchmarks.Learn more about the Hoosier Link program