Now that you’ve applied, take a big breath
We’ll let you know if you’ve been accepted four to eight weeks after we receive all your application documents.
Here are a couple things you can do while you’re waiting.
Approximately two weeks after we receive your application, you should receive an email containing your university ID number.
You’ll use the ID number to create your IU computing account, which you will use to check the status of your application.
If you do not receive an email regarding your university ID number, contact the Office of Admissions.
Remember: you may have already created a guest account when you applied online. This is not the same as your IU computing account. The guest account was created for the sole purpose of submitting your application online.
Setting up your IU computing account
- Search for and select “Create My First IU Account” in One.IU.
- Read the Guidelines for Appropriate Usage, which are rules and policies for IT account use at IU, and agree to these policies.
- Enroll in the Passphrase Self-Service Reset System. If you forget your passphrase, this tool will enable you to reset it yourself without having to visit a UITS Support Center walk-in location in person.
- You will want to save or record your account information in a secure place. You will need this information each time you log in to your IU computing account.
- Exit. It may take up to 24 hours before you can log in to some services.
What to do if you have forgotten your ID or other information
- Forgot your 10-digit University ID number? If you are an ACP student, use the Information Recovery Form. All other students should first try the Student Self-Service University Lookup Form. If you still need assistance, please email the Office of Admissions at email@example.com. (In order to help you, we will request additional information.)
- Forgot your username? Contact the UITS Support Center.
- Forgot your passphrase Reset it here.
Please note that if you have ever previously been enrolled in or participated in a program at any IU campus and were given a 10-digit university ID number and username, you will use the same ID number and username to access your IU computing account (or use the steps above to set up your computing account if you have not already done so).
Now that you’ve created your IU computing account, you’ll be able to check the status of your application and To Do List in One.IU.
You’ll find the To Do List helpful. This list will tell you when our office has received each of your application materials. Please be aware that after your items are received, it may be up to four weeks before you can see this online. Please be patient and check back frequently.
If you receive an email from us asking you to complete your application but you just sent the missing materials, assume that the email was sent before we received your materials or that they have not been processed yet.
To check the status of your application
- Go to Application Status in to One.IU and click "Start."
- Log in using your IU username and passphrase (not your guest account information) to see the status of your application to Indiana University.
To find your To Do List
- Go to To Do List in to One.IU and click "Start."
- Log in using your IU username and passphrase (not your guest account information) to see your To Do List.
If you have any outstanding items listed, your application will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed. Please send all outstanding To Do List items to our office or contact us if you have questions.
You can make changes to your application after you have applied by submitting one of the following forms:
- For students who have applied or have been admitted but have not declared an intent to enroll
- For students who have declared their intent to enroll
For changes to your Social Security number, please write to:Office of Admissions
Indiana University Bloomington
940 E. Seventh Street
Bloomington, IN 47405
Please include your name, date of birth, and university ID number.Contact us with any questions
If you’d like to cancel your application after you’ve already applied, you can do that on the Intent to Enroll page.Cancel your application
If you are admitted, you will be able to access your detailed Transfer Credit Report approximately two to three weeks after admission. This report will list all courses taken at other institutions, indicate whether each course will transfer, and note the equivalent course at IU Bloomington for which you'll receive credit.
To view your Transfer Credit Report:
- Log in to One.IU.
- Type "transfer credits" into the search box at the top and click on the "Transfer Credits" app box.
- Log in using your IU username and passphrase to see how your course work from another college or university transferred to IU.
If you have general questions about transferring credits, please visit the Credit Transfer Service site or contact the Office of Admissions. If you have questions about a specific course equivalency or how your credits may count towards an IU degree, please contact the school or college in which you plan to enroll.