One week after we receive your application, you should receive an email containing your University ID number.
You’ll use the ID number to create your IU computing account, which you will use to check the status of your application.
If you have not yet received an email regarding your University ID number, contact the Office of Admissions.
Remember: you may have already created a guest account when you applied online. This is not the same as your IU computing account. The guest account was created for the sole purpose of submitting your application online.
Setting up your account
- Go to the Account Management Service (AMS).
- Enter your last name, date of birth, and University ID number in the fields provided. Then click Continue.
- Read the Guidelines for Appropriate Usage, which are rules and policies for IT account use at IU. After you have read the guidelines, enter Yes to agree to these policies. Then click Continue.
- Enter the passphrase you want to use in both fields. For information on selecting a valid and secure passphrase, see passwords and passphrases.
- Enroll in the Passphrase Self-Service Reset System. If you forget your passphrase, this tool will enable you to reset it yourself without having to visit a UITS Support Center walk-in location in person.
- Once you have entered at least three questions and answers, select Done to complete your enrollment in the Passphrase Self-Service Reset System.
- Select Page Print if you want to print a copy of your account information. Save this information. You will need your account information each time you log in to your IU computing account.
- Select Exit. It may take up to 48 hours before you can log in to some services.
If you have ever previously been enrolled in or participated in a program at any IU campus and were given a 10-digit University ID number or IU username, you will use the same ID number or username and follow these steps to set up your IU computing account.
If you have forgotten your IU username, contact the UITS Support Center. If you have forgotten your University ID number, you must contact the Office of the Registrar.
Now that you’ve created your IU computing account, you’ll be able to check the status of your application in OneStart.
You’ll find the To Do Items checklist helpful. This will tell you when our office has received each of your application materials.
Your OneStart checklist will communicate the most up-to-date status of your application. However, please be aware that it may take several weeks after your items are received before you can see this online. Please be patient and check back frequently.
If you receive an email from us asking you to complete your application but you just sent the missing materials, assume that the email was sent before we received your materials or that they have just not been processed yet.
Finding your To Do Items on OneStart
- Log in to OneStart with your IU computing account (not your guest account). Select Services.
- Select Student Self-Service.
- Click Go to Student Center. Note that the Student Center and other self-service applications will display information via pop-up pages. You’ll want to adjust your Internet pop-up blocker permissions to allow these pop-ups.
- Find the My Applications box in the far right corner of the Admissions section. Select View Status. Only applications for future terms will appear.
- Your Application Status page will display. If any items are missing from your application, those will be listed as outstanding.
- If you have items outstanding, click View All To Do Items. Click the hyperlinked items in the To Do Item column to learn more about each item.
- After reviewing your status, log out of OneStart and close your browser.
If you have any outstanding items listed, your application will not be considered complete. Send all outstanding To Do Items to our office, or contact us for additional questions.
If you’d like to cancel your application after you’ve already applied, you can do that on the Intent to Enroll page.
Cancel your application »